Abstract: How to fix rattle noise in dash ----
Applies to: BMW 3 Series 2006-2009(E90, E91, produced up to 12/2007)
Before Performing any Work
Please read Cautions and Warnings before proceeding with any work on your vehicle
While driving over rough roads, a rattling noise may be heard from the area of the radio or heating control unit.
The noise is caused by movement between the lower retaining bracket for the Car Communication Computer (CCC) or Car Information Computer (CIC), and the plastic housing to which it is secured. You can eliminate the noise by installing felt tape to the retaining braket.
- Remove CCC, radio and heating control unit from dash.
- Remove fasteners (A) and lower reatining bracket (B).
- Apply four 5 mm lengths of felt tape to the locations shown (A). These are the areas contacted by the lower retaining bracket when it is secured.
- Secure the bracket over the segments of felt tape.
- Test drive vehicle and confirm rattle is gone.
|Rattle noise in dash near radio. BMW E90 3-series https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/iQB7|