This page describes the procedure for setting up Windows Virtual PC and XP Mode on Windows 7.
Applies to: eBahn 3, Windows 7, XP Mode
XP Mode using Windows Virtual PC
What is Windows XP Mode, and who should use it? http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/faq.aspx
Windows XP Mode for Windows 7 gives small- to medium-sized businesses a way to get the benefits of Windows 7 and still use many older Windows XP productivity programs. It uses virtualization technology, such as Windows Virtual PC, to create a Virtual Windows XP environment. That way, you can run your older programs as if you were using a Windows XP-based PC.
The following are step-by-step instructions using Microsoft Virtual PC and XP Mode to run eBahn Reader on Windows 7 (Ultimate, Enterprise or Professional Editions only).
Windows 7 - Steps for Downloading XP Mode
Step 1 - Do I need Windows XP Mode?
- Answer: yes, you will need it to run eBahn Desktop on your Windows 7 PC
Step 2 - Select your edition of Windows 7 and desired language for installation
- only works for Windows 7 Ultimate, Enterprise and Professional Editions (it is blocked for Home Premium)
- once selected, the download buttons will appear in Step 4, below
Step 3 - Download and install
Windows XP Mode
- start with the Windows XP Mode
- we recommend allowing the program to install to the default directory C:\Program Files\Windows XP Mode
Windows Virtual PC
- now install the Virtual PC Windows Update (requires a re-start)
Windows XP Mode update
- this is a new update (as of March 2010) - which you may or may not need, depending on the next instructions
- requires a restart
Setting up XP Mode
- from the Start menu, select "All Programs", then "Windows Virtual PC", and "Windows XP Mode"
If you see this message: "There is no hardware-assisted virtualization support..."
You will need to download and install the "Windows XP Mode update" - as shown in Step 3. above
- next, you'll see an XP license agreement (included with Ultimate, Enterprise or Professional Editions only) and you'll be asked for an installation folder
- you should also create a password - record this password somewhere - you will need it (someday)
- XP Mode will open on your Windows 7 desktop - now you are ready to Install eBahn Reader on Windows 7 in XP Mode
- Install eBahn Reader on Windows 7 in XP Mode https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/GgBZAg
- Windows 7, Vista and XP Compatibility https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/DQBZAg
- Windows Virtual PC and XP Mode http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/support/default.aspx
- Windows Virtual PC Tips [PDF] http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ffc6c931-6216-4a1d-bdab-936fef353060&displaylang=en
|XP Mode Step-By-Step Setup Instructions https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/EQBZAg|