Can't activate after deactivation (device ID changed before deactivation)
Applies to: eBahn 3
This is a very complex problem that can be difficult to diagnose. There are several reasons why your computer's device ID will change (reformatted hard drive, laptop docking station, MAC address changes using a different wireless connection, etc.)
It is possible for your device ID to change. If that happens, the following scenario can occur:
- At some point you may perform a deactivation with the intent of activating the product on another computer, and the deactivation may appear to be successful.
- When you then attempt to install using this deactivated serial number - the new activation key does not work.
- Having eBahn Software Support cancel the old serial number and issue a replacement serial number does not resolve the issue.
- Serial number is still listed as active on old computer on your Member Center profile
- your eBahn License Manager indicates that the content is not activated
- new serial numbers and activation keys (aka activation codes) will not work even after original licenses have been deactivated
New serial numbers and activation keys (issued after older ones are canceled) will not successfully activate the content if the License Manager "loses focus" before processing the correct activation key; ironically, this happens as soon as you attempt to retrieve the new activation key via email or the Member Center.
Auto-activation is now impossible.
Steps for fixing
1. Go to the Member Center on our website and log in
2. Enter your serial number and get the activation key as you did before – this time, however, use your other serial number.
3. When you get the activation key from the website, copy the number into you clipboard (highlight the number and hit Ctrl-C), or print out the screen from your browser, or print out the email message containing the activation key, or simply write down the activation key on a piece of paper.
4. Open the eBahn Reader and start to activate the content via the License Manager.
5. Enter the serial number when prompted.
6. When the License Manager prompts you for the activation key, paste it (Ctrl-V) or key it in by hand from the hard copy.**
** Here, it is important that you enter the activation key in this window without interruption: you SHOULD NOT LEAVE THE LICENSE MANAGER SCREEN until the activation key is entered and the "Next" button is clicked.
If this is successful, the final screen in the License Manager will be Content Successfully Activated screen.
If you are unable to perform these steps, please see https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/ooO6Bg for information about how to request a replacement serial number.
|Can't activate after deactivation (device ID changed before deactivation) https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/HAQW|