Abstract: This article addresses Microsoft Vista "Permission to use object denied" error.
Applies to: eBahn 3, Windows Vista
Vista users may see a "Permission to use object denied" error and cannot run the eBahn software.
Double clicking on the eBahn Reader icon pops up this error message:
This can be resolved by changing the "Privilege Level" setting for eBahn Reader/icon to run eBahn on Vista PC as "administrator".
You may also need to install the latest version of the eBahn Reader. Please first follow the steps below.
On your Vista PC desktop:
- Click on the eBahn Reader icon to select it
- Right mouse click
- Click on the "Properties" option in the right click window. A window will pop up titled "eBahn Reader Properties".
- Click on the tab marked "Compatibility." Towards the bottom of the screen you will see an option for "Privilege Level."
- Click on the option to "Run this program as Administrator"
- Click the "OK" button.
The eBahn Reader Properties window will now close.
NOTE: If the box "Run the program as Administrator" is greyed out, please go to the Control Panel>Users and set the User Account Controls to "ON" and repeat this step. You can find directions here: https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/mgA-/
You should now be able to run the eBahn Software as normal. Double clicking on the eBahn reader icon should launch the program successfully.
Please note that eBahn Software is running on most Vista computers, however compatibility of the eBahn Software on the Vista OS is not guaranteed.
We expect the next major version to run on Vista without complication.
If after performing these steps you are still seeing this error, please download and install the latest version of the eBahn Reader.
Download the latest eBahn® Reader software: https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/OgIW
Although this should solve this particular error, there may be other Vista issues you may encounter afterward, you may want to refer to these pages as well:
- Vista - "unable to open" error fix
- Can't run Reader on Vista, misc. DLL errors
- Anti-virus settings causing poor performance
|Vista - "Permission to use object denied" error https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/ZwMW|