Cylinder Head and Valvetrain
Pinch clips (arrows) to disconnect vent line from cylinder head cover.
Remove ignition coils:
- Disconnect ignition coil harness connectors.
- Remove coil mounting fasteners.
- Remove coils.
- Remove ground straps.
- Set coil harness to side of engine compartment.
Remove cylinder head cover mounting fasteners and remove cylinder head cover.
Installation is reverse of removal. Keep in mind the following:
- Make sure sealing surfaces are clean and free of old gasket material.
- Replace cylinder head cover gasket, as well as rubber insulators and seals as necessary.
- Use a small amount of 3-Bond®1209 adhesive or equivalent at corners (arrows) of half-moon cut-outs at back of cylinder head.
- Seat gasket and seal corners in front of cylinder head at VANOS unit.
- Inspect cylinder head cover mounting screw assembly rubber seals. Replace if rubber is cracked or brittle.
|Cylinder head cover, removing and installing (M52 TU, M54, M56 engines) - page 116-8 (B305) https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/PADF|