Cylinder Head and Valvetrain
Pinch clips (arrows) to disconnect vent line from cylinder head cover.
Remove ignition coils:
- Disconnect ignition coil harness connectors.
- Remove coil mounting fasteners.
- Remove coils.
- Remove ground straps.
- Set coil harness to side of engine compartment.
Note location of all ground wires. Failure to reinstall grounds can result in permanent damage to engine control module or ignition system components.
Remove cylinder head cover mounting fasteners and remove cylinder head cover.
In order to reinstall cylinder head cover mounting bolt insulator and gaskets in their original locations, make note of their arrangement during removal.
Installation is reverse of removal. Keep in mind the following:
- Make sure sealing surfaces are clean and free of old gasket material.
- Replace cylinder head cover gasket, as well as rubber insulators and seals as necessary.
- Use a small amount of 3-Bond®1209 adhesive or equivalent at corners (arrows) of half-moon cut-outs at back of cylinder head.
- Seat gasket and seal corners in front of cylinder head at VANOS unit.
- Inspect cylinder head cover mounting screw assembly rubber seals. Replace if rubber is cracked or brittle.
Before Performing any Work
Please read Cautions and Warnings before proceeding with any work on your vehicle
|Cylinder head cover, removing and installing (M52 TU, M54, M56 engines) - page 116-8 (B305) https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/PADF|