Oil filter housing bracket (pedestal), removing and installing (M52, M52 TU, M54 engines)
- Disconnect battery negative cable and cover cable end with insulating material.
- Loosen oil filter cover to allow oil in filter housing to drain into oil pan.
- Remove alternator drive belt and unbolt alternator from oil filter housing bracket.
- Empty power steering reservoir tank and then unbolt tank and move to one side (lines remain connected).
- Unbolt power steering pump from oil filter housing bracket pump (lines remain connected).
- Remove alternator drive belt tensioner.
- Disconnect electrical connector from oil pressure switch.
- Disconnect electrical connector for oil temperature switch.
- Disconnect VANOS solenoid oil pressure line from oil filter housing.
- Remove bolts (arrows) and remove complete oil filter housing bracket.
- Remove oil filter housing profile gasket and install new gasket (arrow).
Installation is reverse of removal. Keep in mind the following:
- BMW does not specify a unique torque for the oil filter housing bracket bolts. General tightening torque based on bolt grade is given below.
- Be sure to align bracket to locating dowels (arrows).
- Reconnect all harness connectors previously removed.
- Check engine oil level and power steering fluid level upon job completion.
- Reconnect battery negative cable.
|BMW 3 Series E46 Oil filter housing gasket, replacing (M52, M52 TU, M54 engines) https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/VoUYBw|