Abstract: Replacing valve body, aisin 6-speed transmission
Applies to: MINI Cooper: 2007-2010 (R56, R55, R57)
- After completion of work, check transmission fluid level.
- Required fluid amount for refill after repair: 4.8 US quart (4.5 liters).
- Drain transmission fluid into a suitable container.
-To help with refilling, make a note of drained ATF quantity.
- Remove transmission fluid pan.
- Remove transmission oil strainer (filter) fasteners, then remove strainer.
- Bend open retaining lugs (1) of hand valve lever.
Slacken nut (2).
- Remove hand lever (3).
- Release connectors (1/2) from holders and disconnect.
- Release screw (1).
- Remove oil temperature sensor (2) with locking plate (3).
- Disconnect plugs of magnet and pressure valves.
-Note routing of cables.
- When removing selector unit, slide in gear selector valve (1) and hold down.
- Note screws have different lengths.
-Numbers: 4,6,10,12=28 mm.
-Numbers: 2,3,5,7,8,11=21 mm.
-Numbers: 1,9=16 mm.
- First release screws uniformly in specified order and then remove.
- Remove selector unit.
Note location of cable clip and cables.
- Under the selector unit at the end of the gear selector lever is the accumulator plunger (1) with spring.
- Hold accumulator plunger (1) and spring firmly when removing selector unit.
- Moisten accumulator plunger and spring with ATF.
- Install selector unit, accumulator plunger and spring simultaneously.
- Before installing selector unit, secure cable with adhesive tape in installation location on housing.
- Insert screws slightly during installation, align selector unit and tighten down in specified order.
Tightening torque and angle of rotation must be observed.
Drain plug to transmission oil pan
27 Nm (20 ft-lb)
Oil filler plug to transmission housing
25 Nm (18.4 ft-lb)
Oil pan to transmission
8 Nm (6 ft-lb)
AISIN gear selector valve and oil temperature sensor
10 Nm (7.3 ft-lb)
Valve body to transmission
8 Nm (6 ft-lb) + 90 degrees
|Valve body, replacing - MINI Cooper R56, R55, R57 (aisin 6 speed automatic transmission) https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/MoDdBg|