Oil filter housing, removing and installing (M52, M52 TU, M54 engines)
- Disconnect battery negative cable.
- Loosen oil filter cover to allow oil in filter housing to flow into oil pan.
- Remove alternator drive belt and unbolt alternator from oil filter housing bracket.
- Empty power steering reservoir tank and then unbolt tank and move to one side (lines remain connected).
- Unbolt power steering pump from oil filter housing bracket pump (lines remain connected).
- Remove alternator drive belt tensioner.
- Disconnect harness connector from oil pressure switch.
- Disconnect harness connector for oil temperature switch.
- Disconnect oil pressure line for VANOS adjustment unit from oil filter housing.
- Remove bolts (arrows) and remove complete oil filter housing bracket.
- Remove old profile gasket and install new gasket (arrow).
During installation, be sure to align bracket to locating dowels (arrows).
Note location of all ground wires. Failure to reinstall grounds can result in permanent damage to engine control module or ignition system components.
Remove cylinder head cover mounting fasteners and remove cylinder head cover.
Installation is reverse of removal. Keep in mind the following:
* BMW does not specify a unique torque for the oil filter housing bracket bolts. General tightening torque based on bolt grade is given below. installed.
Bolt grade is marked on bolt head
Reconnect all harness connectors previously removed.
* Check engine oil level and power steering fluid level upon job completion.
* Reconnect battery negative cable.
Before Performing any Work
Please read [Cautions and Warnings|https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/hgJq] before proceeding with any work on your vehicle
|BMW Oil filter housing gasket, replacing (M52, M52 TU, M54 engines) https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/MADYBg|