Oil filter housing, removing and installing (M52, M52 TU, M54 engines)
Unfasten oil filter cover to allow oil to flow out of main flow oil filter housing and back into oil pan.
This operation is described in the section BMW engine oil service .
Remove alternator .
If necessary, empty supply tank for power steering.
If necessary, remove supply tank (lines remain connected).
If necessary, remove vane pump for power steering (lines remain connected).
If necessary, remove alternator drive belt tensioner.
Pinch clips (arrows) to disconnect vent line from cylinder head cover.
Remove ignition coils:
* Disconnect ignition coil harness connectors.
* Remove coil mounting fasteners.
* Remove coils.
* Remove ground straps.
* Set coil harness to side of engine compartment.
Remove cylinder head cover mounting fasteners and remove cylinder head cover.
Installation is reverse of removal. Keep in mind the following:
* Make sure sealing surfaces are clean and free of old gasket material.
* Replace cylinder head cover gasket, as well as rubber insulators and seals as necessary.
* Use a small amount of 3-Bond®1209 adhesive or equivalent at corners (arrows) of half-moon cut-outs at back of cylinder head.
* Seat gasket and seal corners in front of cylinder head at VANOS unit.
* Inspect cylinder head cover mounting screw assembly rubber seals. Replace if rubber is cracked or brittle.
_[Click here to view/download PDF|PDF^rbi-errata-b305-116-8.2006-05-26.pdf|Document appears as images on this page and pdf source can be saved by clicking on this link.]_
|BMW M52, M54 Oil filter housing gasket, replacing https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/IQDYBg|