Let me know how it works for you. Comment below on changes that would improve the article, whether it works for you, etc. - Nick
While driving over rough roads, a rattling noise may be heard from the area of the radio or heating control unit.
The noise is caused by movement between the lower retaining bracket for the Car Communication Computer (CCC) or Car Information Computer (CIC), and the plastic housing to which it is secured. You can eliminate the noise by installing felt tape to the retaining braket.
- Remove CCC, radio and heating control unit from dash.
- Remove fasteners (A) and lower retaining bracket (B).
- Apply four 5 mm lengths of felt tape to the locations shown (A). These are the areas contacted by the lower retaining bracket when it is secured.
- Secure the bracket over the segments of felt tape.
- Test drive vehicle and confirm rattle is gone.