PROCEDURE TO VIEW OR RESET SERVICE ITEMS IN THE INSTRUMENT
CLUSTER E90, E91, E92, E60, E61, E63 AND E64
1. Turn ignition to Terminal 15.
2. Press and hold the Instrument Cluster Set/Reset button
for 10 seconds.
3. The upper display in the Instrument Cluster will be
illuminated with a Service Item (example: An oil can is the
designation for Oil Service). The lower display in the
Instrument Cluster will indicate the remaining time or
mileage left for that Service Item (example: 14000).
Pressing the button repeatedly will allow the display to
scroll through all of the Condition Based Service Items.
4. Press and hold the Instrument Cluster Set/Reset button
again and the lower display screen will indicate "OK" or
5. Pressing the Instrument Cluster Set/Reset button again
will allow the "RESET" to appear in the lower window for
that service. Releasing and reapplying the button one more
time will reset the service displayed in the upper window
only. Repeat the procedure for any additional service reset
Note: The CBS service items for both State Vehicle Safety
Inspection and State Emissions Inspection cannot be viewed
in the Instrument Cluster. These inspections can be
viewed via the CBS menu in the control display or by using a factory level scan tool.
CBS Display- Instrument Cluster
The CBS display always comprises the following two separate displays:
• A colored symbol in the upper display
- Orange for normal
- Yellow for service due
Red for service overdue
• Information on remaining distance and/or due date in the lower display.
CBS Display - Central Information Display
All information on the individual service operations can be displayed in the CID.
To access the CBS date press the controller, the "Settings" menu will appear.
Turn the controller until "Service" is highlighted, then press to activate the CBS menu.
The following operating and display fields are shown:
• Status bar
• Menu bar 1
• Menu bar 2
• Display field for CBS symbol
• Display field for service operation.
Click to see larger image