Filling and bleeding cooling system
- Before filling, turn on ignition and set heating control to maximum temperature.
- Set fan to sow setting.
- Pour in coolant slowly. - Observe filling capacities and mixture ratio.
The cooling system is vented during filling.
- Release vent screw located on thermostat housing.
- Pour in MINI coolant through expansion tank filler neck until bubble-free coolant emerges at vent screw.
- Close vent screw. Tightening torque 2 Nm (1.4 ft-lb)
- Continue topping up coolant in expansion tank to maximum level.
- Start engine and run at idle speed.
- If the level drops, top up coolant until the level no longer drops.
- Switch off engine and if necessary top up coolant to max. level.
- Check cooling system for leaks