Abstract: Front wheel bearing replacing.
Applies to: 2004 through 2009 Model Year Prius
- Raise and support vehicle safely.
- Remove front wheel.
- Remove front wheel speed sensor.
- Remove front brake caliper mounting bolts (arrows).
- Remove and suspend brake caliper using stiff wire.
- Remove front brake rotor.
- Remove tie rod end from steering knuckle.
- Remove lower ball joint fasteners and seperate ball joint from lower control arm.
- Remove drive axle.
- Remove strut bolts (arrows).
- Remove steering knuckle from vehicle.
- Mount steering knuckle in vise. Using a flat bladed screwdriver remove axle dust boot.
- Using a ball joint press, remove ball joint from steering knuckle.
- Remove wheel hub fateners (arrows) and remove wheel hub from steering knuckle.
- Installation is reverse of removal.
Front wheel hub to steering knuckle
56 Nm (41 ft-lb)
Front lower ball joint to steering knuckle (castle nut)
71 Nm (52 ft-lb)
Lower ball joint to control arm
89 Nm (66 ft-lb)
Front strut to steering knuckle
153 Nm (113 ft-lb)
Front brake caliper to steering knuckle
109 Nm (81 ft-lb)
Front axle nut to wheel hub
216 Nm (159 ft-lb)
Wheel to wheel hub
103 Nm (76 ft-lb)
Tie rod end lock nut
74 Nm (54 ft-lb)
Ties rod end to steering knuckle
49 Nm (36 ft-lb)
Before Performing any Work
Please read Warnings & Cautions before proceeding with any work on your vehicle
|Front wheel hub - bearing, removing and installing https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/AoDTAw|