Oil filter housing bracket (pedestal), removing and installing (M54 engine)
- Disconnect battery negative cable.
- Loosen oil filter cover to allow oil in filter housing to flow into oil pan.
- Remove alternator drive belt and unbolt alternator from oil filter housing bracket.
- Empty power steering reservoir tank and then unbolt tank and move to one side (lines remain connected).
- Unbolt power steering pump from oil filter housing bracket pump (lines remain connected).
- Remove alternator drive belt tensioner.
- Disconnect harness connector from oil pressure switch.
- Disconnect harness connector for oil temperature switch.
- Disconnect oil pressure line for VANOS adjustment unit from oil filter housing.
- Remove bolts (arrows) and remove complete oil filter housing bracket.
- Remove old profile gasket and install new gasket (arrow).
Installation is reverse of removal. Keep in mind the following:
- BMW does not specify a unique torque for the oil filter housing bracket bolts. General tightening torque based on bolt grade is given below.
- Be sure to align bracket to locating dowels (arrows).
- Reconnect all harness connectors previously removed.
- Check engine oil level and power steering fluid level upon job completion.
- Reconnect battery negative cable.
|BMW 5 Series (E60) Oil filter housing gasket, replacing (M54 engine) https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/QgDYBg|