Abstract: This article describes door latch replacing
Applies to: MINI Cooper, Cooper S: 2004-2006
Driver door latch shown, passenger side similiar.
- Remove door trim panel.
- Partially remove rear rail of window regulator. See 512 Door Windows.
- Remove outside door handle. See 515 Central Locking and Anti-theft.
- Remove Bowden cable from mounts (A) and feed in to door through opening (B).
- Remove rubber plug (A) and fastener (B) beneath it.
- Working inside door and door latch, disconnect electrical connector (A) and remove latch linkage (B) in direction of arrow.
- Remove door latch fasteners (A).
- While supporting door latch from inside door, slide lock cylinder (A) in direction of arrow and remove door latch from door.
- Installation is reverse of removal. If replacing door latch use following steps:
- Remove fastener (A) and door lock lever (B). Remove cable guide (C). Install on new door latch.
- Open cover (A) in direction of arrow. Disconnect Bowden cable in areas (B) door latch.
MINI Repair & Technical Literature: http://www.bentleypublishers.com/mini/
|2002 - 2006 MINI Cooper Door latch, removing and installing https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/BIA4Aw|