This page describes the procedure for installing the eBahn Reader application on Windows 7 within XP Mode.
Applies to: eBahn 3, Windows 7, XP Mode
Installing eBahn Reader from a DVD
Windows XP Mode
Make sure that you are in the window: Windows XP Mode - Windows Virtual PC on your Windows 7 PC:
- insert the eBahn Desktop DVD
- if the installer does not auto-run:
- right-click on the Start menu (in the XP window), and select "Explore"
- navigate to your DVD drive
- find and double-click on the icon that reads: Setup (Setup Application)
- follow the on-screen instructions
- install to the recommend folder
- if the program does not "auto-activate", you may need to do an offline activation
- Manually Activating a Vehicle (without an internet connection) https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/G4Ag
Create shortcut for eBahn Reader (XP Mode)
Creating this shortcut will allow you to start eBahn in XP Mode without having to first launch XP - it will appear seamless (as though it's not in it's own window)
- right-click on the Start menu and select Explore
- find the folder C:\Documents and Settings\XPMUser\Start Menu\Programs\eBahn
- select and copy the shortcut file called "eBahn Reader (shortcut)"
- now find the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs
- paste the eBahn Reader shortcut file here
This will allow eBahn Reader to appear in the Start menu when you start your PC. It may take a minute for your PC to detect this change.
When closing XP Mode, it's better to use the Ctrl-Alt-Del at the top of the screen. When you are using eBahn Desktop in XP Mode, it's okay to simply select the X at the top right of the eBahn screen
|Install eBahn Reader on Windows 7 in XP Mode https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/x/GgBZAg|